The EasyMovie package enables users to enrich their Salesforce instance thanks to videos.
When closing a deal, after a QBR, or to streamline the handoff to CSMs, salespeople could add a video to their opportunity or customer profile in order to better share their knowledge. Cherry on the cake, videos are easy peasy to make and only require 5 minutes.
This document explains the process to set up the package, including:
- how to install the EasyMovie package,
- how to grant your team access to the package,
- how to add our video lightning component to your page layouts.
- You must have a Salesforce Edition that includes the Web Service API feature: Enterprise, Unlimited (or Professional, if the feature has been purchased as an addition)
- The Salesforce account that you use to set up the integration must be able to Read & Edit Opportunity, Account and Contact objects.
Install the EasyMovie Salesforce package
- Go to the EasyMovie package install link.
- You will be prompted to select to whom you want to install the package. Select "Install for Admins Only".
- Then click on “I acknowledge that I'm installing a Non-Salesforce Application…”
- Click on “Install”.
- The following screen will appear:
- You may be asked to wait for the installation to end:
- After a short time your installation is complete!
Manage which users have access to the EasyMovie package
After installing, two new permission sets are created in your Salesforce organisation:
- In the top right-hand corner of Salesforce, select Setup (the gear icon).
- Use the quick-find menu on the left to search for and select “Permission Sets”.
- You can see both the new permission sets here : Easymovie Admin User and Easymovie Standard User.
- Use Easymovie Admin User for the admins to allow them to create video templates.
- Use Easymovie Standard User for all the other users to allow them to add EasyMovie videos to your Salesforce objects.
- Add users to the permission set to allow Easymovie usage (the process is the same for admin or standard users):
- From your permission set, go to “Manage Assignments”:
- Click on “Add Assignments”:
- Choose the users you want to assign to the permission set from the list of your Salesforce users, then click on “Assign”.
- Repeat the step #6 for the other permission set.
- Your EasyMovie package is now well configured.
Add EasyMovie to your Salesforce Object Pages
How to add the EasyMovie video player on an Object page
- Go to “Object Manager” in Salesforce’s setup:
- In the top right-hand corner of Salesforce, select Setup (the gear icon),
- Select “Object Manager”
- Select the Object you want to modify (Opportunity or Account). We will here modify the Opportunity object.
- On the left menu, go to Lightning Record Pages and choose your Opportunity Lightning Page, and click “Edit”:
- Search then for the Easymovie Lightning Comp.
- Drag and drop it where you want. Don’t forget to save.
How to add the "EasyMovie" button on an Object page
The EasyMovie button will allow you to create a new video, or add an existing one from your EasyMovie account to your object (Opportunity, account…).
- Go back to your Opportunity object, go to the “Page Layouts” and select your opportunity page layout. Go then to “Mobile and Lightning Actions”:
- Select EasyMovie and drop it wherever in the “Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions” section:You may have to "Override the predefined actions" if you have never done this on your page layout.
You are now ready to use Easymovie in Salesforce!
Go to our user guide to add Video Templates and create new videos on your Salesforce org.