The EasyMovie package enables users to enrich their Salesforce instance thanks to videos.
When closing a deal, after a QBR, or to streamline the handoff to CSMs, salespeople could add a video to their opportunity or customer profile in order to better share their knowledge. Cherry on the cake, videos are easy peasy to make and only require 5 minutes.
This document explains the process to set up the package, including:
- how to install the EasyMovie package,
- how to grant your team access to the package,
- how to add our video lightning component to your page layouts.
- You must have a Salesforce Edition that includes the Web Service API feature: Enterprise, Unlimited (or Professional, if the feature has been purchased as an addition)
- The Salesforce account that you use to set up the integration must be able to Read & Edit Opportunity, Account and Contact objects.
The following sections are also explained in this short video (made with EasyMovie of course!)
Install the EasyMovie Salesforce package
- Go to the EasyMovie package install link.
- You will be prompted to select to whom you want to install the package. Select "Install for Admins Only".
- Then click on “I acknowledge that I'm installing a Non-Salesforce Application…”
- Click on “Install”.
- The following screen will appear:
- You may be asked to wait for the installation to end:
- After a short time, your installation is complete!
Manage which users have access to the EasyMovie package
After installing, two new permission sets are created in your Salesforce organization:
- In the top right-hand corner of Salesforce, select Setup (the gear icon).
- Use the quick-find menu on the left to search for and select “Permission Sets”.
- You can see both the new permission set here: Easymovie Admin User and Easymovie Standard User.
- Use Easymovie Admin User for the admins to allow them to create video templates.
- Use Easymovie Standard User for all the other users to allow them to add EasyMovie videos to your Salesforce objects.
- Add users to the permission set to allow Easymovie usage (the process is the same for admin or standard users):
- From your permission set, go to “Manage Assignments”:
- Click on “Add Assignments”:
- Choose the users you want to assign to the permission set from the list of your Salesforce users, then click on “Assign”.
- Repeat the step #6 for the other permission set.
- Your EasyMovie package is now well configured.
Add EasyMovie to your Salesforce Object Pages
How to add the EasyMovie video player on an Object page
- Go to “Object Manager” in Salesforce’s setup:
- In the top right-hand corner of Salesforce, select Setup (the gear icon),
- Select “Object Manager”
- Select the Object you want to modify (Opportunity or Account). We will here modify the Opportunity object.
- On the left menu, go to Lightning Record Pages and choose your Opportunity Lightning Page, and click “Edit”:
- Search then for the Easymovie Lightning Comp.
- Drag and drop it where you want. Don’t forget to save.
How to add the "EasyMovie" button on an Object page
The EasyMovie button will allow you to create a new video, or add an existing one from your EasyMovie account to your object (Opportunity, account…).
- Go back to your Opportunity object, go to the “Page Layouts” and select your opportunity page layout. Go then to “Mobile and Lightning Actions”:
- Select EasyMovie and drop it wherever in the “Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions” section:You may have to "Override the predefined actions" if you have never done this on your page layout.
You are now ready to use Easymovie in Salesforce!