Before beginning to use the EasyMovie mobile app, please make sure:
- Your phone’s operating system (OS) is updated
- You have available data and space on your phone
- You’re connected to WiFi
- You’ve created a login through the invite email that was sent to you
Start by searching “EasyMovie” in the app store of your phone. Our app is available on both Apple and Android devices. Download to your phone.
Once downloaded, open the app. Your options will be:
- Log in (with email address and password)
- Log in with SSO (if this is enabled by your organization, you will have been informed)
Your email address will be the same one your original invite was sent to, along with the password you originally set up. If you’ve forgotten your password, tap “Forgot password.”
Navigating the app
Once you log in, you’ll see the Projects page. If you’re looking for a specific project, you can tap the Filter option in the top right corner.
To see more options, tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
Creating a new video project
To create a new project, tap the red button in the bottom right corner.
Select the template you wish to use, or search for one by name. Tap “Choose this template” to proceed.
Name your project. By default, the project will include the name of the template you chose + today’s date, but be aware that your project’s title will be viewable by your recipient, so you may want to customize it to include their name or specify your reason for reaching out. Examples could be:
- “John, nice to meet you!”
- “Introducing our latest model!”
- “A meeting recap for you.”
Once you’ve written your title, tap “Start your project!”
On this screen, you can swipe through all frames in your project. You should see clues beneath to help you know what to do with each frame.
You will see buttons toward the bottom of the screen:
- Tips: this is the screen you’re already on, where you can see any information your admin has set up for you.
- Edits: with this button, you can trim, replace or remove a video.
- Audio: shows you the current audio setup.
- Texts: allows you to modify the text in the current frame and set text timing.
Recording a video frame
Once you get to a frame that requires a video from you, tap the “Add video” button. You’ll choose from two options:
- Shoot video (creating a live video right now)
- Upload video (uploading an existing video file)
Hold or prop your phone up horizontally, then align yourself within the person-shaped silhouette you see. This will help position you around any text that’s set to appear in the frame.
Tip: Your phone should be approximately arm’s length away from you, held slightly above eye level for the most flattering angle.
You can toggle between the front facing or rear facing camera on your phone with the swap button in the bottom right corner.
To start recording, tap the “record” button. You’ll see a “3, 2, 1” countdown to prepare yourself.
Tip: Start each video frame with a smile on your face and look at the lens of your camera while you’re speaking.
When you’re finished recording, tap the “stop” button. You’ll be able to replay or retake your video, then tap “Continue.”
Editing text and setting keywords
If there is any text in this frame, tap the Texts button at the bottom to review or edit.
If using keywords, add up to three of your choice. Once you set your keywords, tap “Set text timing.” This will allow you to specify when the keywords show up.
To set text timing, tap the play button on the right. Tap the stopwatch icon when you want your first keyword to appear, repeating until all three have been used.
Note: Keywords are not required. If you simply don’t add them, they will not show up in your final edit. You also do not have to use all three keywords.
When finished setting timing, tap the red check mark in the top right corner.
When you’ve finished adding video and text to your project, tap the “Done” button in the top right corner.
Now that you’re ready to preview your video, you can tap the “Preview video” button at the bottom of the screen. You can watch your video all the way through and make sure everything looks correct. If anything needs to change, simply tap the frame that needs to be modified.
Once you’re satisfied with your video, tap the “Video export” button.
If your organization has required you to complete a release form, tap the “Add a release form” button and add your information. If not, tap the “No release form is necessary” option, then continue.
Choose your desired export definition then tap “Export.”
Note: 720p is sufficient for most communication videos, while 1080p is better for promotional or marketing videos.
Sharing your video
Once your project has been exported, you’ll come back to the Project screen. If you wish to share your project, tap the project, then tap “Share.”
Your share options:
- Share URL link: this is useful if you’re sharing via text, social media, LinkedIn direct message or internal chat platforms like Slack or Teams.
- Share with GIF link: this is what you’ll use to add a video to an email. The first few seconds of your video will be made into an animated GIF that links to your video on our server.
- Download HD video: you’ll use this option if you need the file of your video. It will download to your device.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com for quick assistance!
Article is closed for comments.