This article introduces you to the capture interface through which you will be able to film from the application.
I. Presentation of the interface :
- The time code : tells you the duration of the current plan as well as the recommended duration. When you pass it, it changes to red but you can continue filming. This is for information only unless the template used contains time restrictions defined upstream by your company’s admin
- Autofocus: allows you to take stock of the filmed subject, just hold your finger a few seconds at the desired sharpness point to make it appear. Once set, you should avoid moving too much
- The cross button : closes the capture interface and returns to the previous page
- The grid : enables or disables the grid. The grid is used to help you place and frame your subject
- The mic : indicates the sound level of the video, just press it to show the details
- On/off : starts recording / stop recording
- The level bubble : indicates if your frame is right
- Text : displays the text on the screen. This gives you an overview of the rendering with text animations if there are any and allows you to place or move your subject according
II. Sound, Camera, Action !
Now that you are familiar with the capture interface, you can launch and film your first shot.
- Check the light
- Frame your speaker
- Focus on him/her
- Check that the microphone is plugged in, and that the sound is working. Do a test if necessary
- You can start recording
Starting the recording shows a countdown starting from 3. It is recomended to leave some seconds before making your subject speak in order to avoid the beginning of his speech being cut off.
Once you finished recording, you have 3 possibilities :
- Retake : allows you to restart a recording. Be aware that redoing a plan does not remove it from your mobile. All your tests are automatically stored in the video gallery of your phone. You can take several shots and then choose the one that suits you best
- Watch : Plays the recorded frame, this allows you to check that the sound is present or that the framing is suitable for you
- Approve : inserts the rush into the storyboard’s corresponding plan and gets you back to the template’s main page.
You only have to select the next frame and repeat the operation as many times as you want.