This article explains the two options of downloading and sharing that you can use via the platform, according to your project's type :
1. Auto mode project
Once, your Auto mode project is complete, you have the possibility to download and share your video via different manners :
- By copying this link, you can share your video anywhere you would like, while keeping track of the stats on your company account.
- The Gif link creates a 3 seconds animation of the 3 first frames of your video to share (this format is advised for calls-to-action)
- Share via Email, which allows you to add your recepient's email address and a short message with your video that you want to share with them.
- THe use of the Embed code, is a way to integrate your video to a web page that to a HTML code (as a signature, on your web site, on a sharepoint doc, etc...)
- The Download, which will generate a copy of your online video in HD Ready (720p) or in Full HD (1080p) so that you can share it on social media.
Note : This option will not allow video views to be included in the account stats because EasyMovie cannot follow its reach since it is on a different platform.
- This button is at your disposal if you wish to protect your video. This will add a security layer where users will have to enter a passkey to watch the video or edit the project.
Note : The share page customisation will be applied if your share your video via link, Gif Link or via Email. And the stats will be functional for these options too.
2. Studio mode project
The difference between Auto mode and Studio mode projects is that Studio mode project can be only shared from the moment the editor delivers the first version. Although, only the HD Ready (720p) is available to share, once your video is up to your standards, you can request the Full HD (1080p) version and your project will have the "HD Requested" status until the process is complete.
In the case where the sharing link does not work
The people you shared your video with via the sharing link can’t see it?
Check that your web browsers and those of your collaborators (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox ...) are up to date.
Note : Always choose Google Chrome when using the platform.
If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to the EasyMovie Support.