Why, when and how should you use the auto transcript feature in a video project?
EasyMovie help clients increase video production through both autonomy and speed.
The speech-to-text feature (or ‘auto transcript’) helps users in this regard by allowing them to receive, edit and integrate subtitles to any video automatically, and in just a few minutes.
Who can use the speech-to-text feature?
In order to use this feature, your customer and user accounts must have the “order subtitles” permission activated.
If you do not have this feature activated and wish to activate it, please contact your customer success manager or account manager.
When can you use the auto transcript feature?
Auto transcripts are accessible through the EasyMovie platform.
The feature allows users to automatically add subtitles to any video, as long as the subtitles language matches the language spoken in the video (e.g. English subtitles on an English video, Spanish subtitles on a Spanish video, etc.).
Included languages are: English (US, UK, or Australian), Spanish, French (French or Canadian), Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
You may only order subtitles and auto transcripts for:
- studio projects with the ‘HD requested’ status
- studio projects with the ‘Completed’ status (if they’ve been complete for less than 1 month)
- auto projects synched to the platform (if they’ve been complete for less than 1 month)
How can I use auto-transcripts?
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Validate your original version and order transcripts
From the platform, in your project view, once you validate the original version delivered by the studio (‘HD requested’ or “Completed’ status), click the ‘Request subtitles’ button:
In the ‘Request subtitles’ window, indicate the language spoken in the video and the language of requested subtitles. If the language spoken in the video matches the subtitles language, you may select ‘Create your transcripts automatically’:
- Receive and edit the generated transcripts
Only a few minutes after having requested your auto transcripts (about 5 to 8 minutes), you will receive a notification email from EasyMovie indicating that your transcripts are ready.
In the project view, click ‘Manage my subtitles’ -> ‘Review transcripts’ to view and edit your transcripts:
You may now watch the subtitled version of your video, and edit the transcript text:
Once you’re happy with the transcript, click ‘Generate subtitled video’.
- Receive your subtitled version in standard definition
A few minutes after having validated your transcript, your subtitled version is both ready to watch and available for download in standard definition.
- Receive your subtitled version in HD
Auto transcripts are automatically integrated to the versions delivered by the studio. Once you receive your original version in HD from the studio, your subtitled version will also be available in HD just a few minutes later.
If you wish to download the original version of the video and the transcript file separately, you may simply download your transcript as a .SRT file under the project’s ‘Files’ tab.
Speech-to-text for auto videos
For videos made with the EasyMovie auto mode, the auto transcript process is nearly identical. The steps are:
- Synch to the platform: From the app, check that Completed videos have been exported and synched with the platform.
- Request transcripts: From the platform, in the project view, click ‘Request subtitles’ and select ‘Create your transcripts automatically’.
- Edit and validate: A few minutes later, your subtitled version is ready. Click ‘Manage my subtitles’ > ‘Review transcript’ to view and edit your transcript text, then click ‘Generate subtitled video’.
- Receive your subtitled version in HD: Just a few minutes later, your subtitled version is available for download in HD, and your subtitles file is available in the project’s ‘Files’ tab.